Monday, September 13, 2010

Santa Barbara

This weekend Anna went on her first airplane trip. My mom, Anna and I flew down to Santa Barbara for my dear friend Kathleen's bachelorette party. Yep, 10 weeks old and she's already been to a bachelorette party! And my mom was kind enough to come along to hang out with Anna at night. Such an amazing mom/grandma!

Anna on the plane - not the best photo of her. It was early :) She was a great traveler.


The girls rented a big house and my mom, Anna and I stayed in an apartment a mile away. Friday and Saturday we spent time with the group - eating, drinking, hiking, shopping - and of course lots of chatting.

The lovely ladies out on Friday night

Here's the view from the big house, ocean in the background.

Anna with the bride-to-be

Anna with the mama-to-be


Sunday my mom, Anna and I spent the day exploring the city. We started with the Mission and Natural History Museum. Then headed down to the waterfront/wharf area where there was an art walk featuring local artists. We stopped in at the Oreana Wine Tasting room and enjoyed some delicious California wine.

From the wharf, looking back at Santa Barbara and the foothills

We ended our day with a delicious dinner at Cava in Montecito. Such a fun girls weekend!

1 comment: