Saturday, March 15, 2008

a wee little irish baby

My dad is 75% Irish and my mom is maybe 10%, which we figure makes Cole about 25%, or somewhere around there.

To celebrate our Irish heritage, as well as my dad's birthday, my parents throw quite the shindig on St. Patricks Day. And this year was no exception. Lots of drinking, eating, and more and more little kidlets every year. It's a great time and a day that we look forward to all year.

There are several traditions that have developed over the years, but probably the most anticipated event of the evening is my dad's speech. Adults and kids alike gather around the dining room table to hear him tell a tale of St. Patrick. While telling the tale he holds the statue of St. Patrick up and it ends with St. Patrick flying into the cake. Pretty funny. Here we are with the St. Patrick and the cake beforehand.

Cole didn't know quite what to think about this funny little dancing, singing leprechaun guy.

I know, we're so mean. But we just had to put this hat on him. It's just his size!

No comments:

Post a Comment