Wednesday, August 20, 2008

all the fun birthday weekend festivities

Where do the days go? Seriously. By the time I get around to posting photos from the last weekend, the next weekend is almost here.

This past weekend was so much fun and so busy. Here's a short (kind of incomplete, but trying to hit the highlights) list of the festivities:

* The weekend officially started on Thursday, when Brad, Mercedes and the girls arrived. We headed over to Lebanon for a bbq @ Walt and Yvonnes. Here are a couple photos of the cousins.


* Friday was my birthday. Yay! The last one in my 20s.
* I spent Friday afternoon at 7stones getting a pedicure (thanks, kel!) and enjoying the steam room. oh, and a couple of glasses of champagne, too.
* That night we celebrated my birthday with a dinner party at our house. Dinner parties aren't quite the same as they used to be, that's for sure. There were a TON of kids running around, which was fun, but not so relaxing. Still great to see everyone.

Did I mention it was a really hot day? Hence the fact that we all look a bit hot & sweaty in this photo. Did I also mention that we don't have AC? Not so great when it's 100 degrees.

We all enjoyed the yummy ice cream cupcakes that Shahnaz made. Especially the kids.



I'm guessing they are looking for Farley. Natalia loves that cat! Not sure why, but I'm glad that someone does.

* Saturday evening was Kim Turpin's wedding. We had a blast! I didn't take any photos, but Krista has some great ones posted on her blog.
* Sunday we headed up to watch a Volcanoes baseball game in Keizer with the Badgers, some of their friends, and my parents and Mia came as well. I actually took some pictures there, with my phone.

Mia and Natalia enjoying their treats.

Cory and Cole.

Cole and Grandma B reading a book about dogs. He loved it and "barked" throughout the whole story. He seems to really be loving dogs and cats these days.


I've been kind of bad about taking photos recently, but hope to get some good ones this weekend when we head out to experience the annual Muddy Bottom camping extravaganza, an event that some friends put together. I've heard it's lots of fun. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment